Tim practices primarily in commercial and public law.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Tim was Associate to the Honourable Chief Justice Marilyn Warren AC and the Honourable Justice Sloss, at the Supreme Court of Victoria. As an associate, Tim worked on a broad range of commercial and public law matters, both in the Court of Appeal and in the Trial Division (mainly in the Commercial Court).
Tim previously practised as a solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons (formerly Mallesons Stephen Jaques) in the funds and dispute resolution teams.
Tim holds a bachelors degree with first class honours in both Law and Arts from Monash University. In 2013, he completed his Bachelor of Civil Laws with Distinction from the University of Oxford.
Tim is reading with Chris Young and his senior mentor is Kris Walker QC.
Since coming to the Bar, Tim has advised and appeared on behalf of individuals and companies in a broad range of matters from tax liability to discrimination.
Matters in which Tim has been briefed include:
• Business Services Brokers Pty Ltd v Stan Meyer Pty Ltd & Ors (CC): appeared for the plaintiff in a long running dispute regarding the operation of a franchise agreement (led by Albert Monichino QC).
• All Vet Waste Pty Ltd v Synergetics Pty Ltd & Ors (FCA): appeared for the defendant in a proceeding regarding breach of contract, negligence and various breaches of the Trade Practices Act (led by Jim Delany QC and Chris Archibald).
• Fiat Chrysler Australia v Campbell & Ors: (FCA): assisted in the preparation for trial and appeared for the plaintiff in discovery matters in relation to proceedings brought by the plaintiff against former company officers for breaches of statutory and fiduciary duties.
• Walker v Heathcote Heath (VCAT): appeared on behalf of the applicant in proceedings against her employee for various breaches of the Equal Opportunity Act.
• Amazon Property Group v Commissioner of State Revenue (VCAT): appeared for the applicant in challenging the decision of the Commission of State Revenue to charge land tax on a number of properties owned by the applicant.
*liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation
Qualifications: BA (Hons)/LLB (Hons), BCL (Dist) (Oxon)