Administrative Law (Merits Review & Judicial Review)
Tamieka practises in commercial and public law. She has particular expertise in international arbitration and the resolution of complex commercial disputes, particularly in the banking & finance and energy & resources sectors.
Before coming to the Bar, Tamieka practised as an attorney with Milbank in New York (2007-2010) and as a solicitor with Clifford Chance in London (2003-2006). See Tamieka’s CV for a list of her major cases in New York and London.
Tamieka holds a Master of Laws from Harvard and a first class honours degree from Monash Law School. She was an orallist for the Monash team that won the Willem C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition (the world’s largest private international law moot), and taught the Harvard Vis Moot team from 2006-2010.
Her recent major matters include:
• Mineralogy Pty Ltd v Sino Iron Pty Ltd(No 8)  WASC 473 (mandatory interlocutory injunction) (led by C Scerri QC & S Parmenter)
• Mineralogy Pty Ltd v Sino Iron Pty Ltd  WASC 454 (abuse of process, permanent stay) (led by C Scerri QC & S Parmenter)
• Robotunits Pty Ltd v Mennel (2015) 297 FLR 300 (stay and referral to arbitration)
• Australian Super Pty Ltd v Future Fund Board of Guardians  (settled) (misleading and deceptive conduct) (led by C Scerri QC & P Liondas)
• ACCC v Yazaki Corp & Anor (No 2)  FCA 1304 (cartel conduct, extraterritorial application of the Competition & Consumer Act) (led by M Collins QC & M Borsky)
• ACCC v Yazaki Corp & Anor  FCA 1316 (discovery, legal professional privilege) (led by M Collins QC)
• UNCITRAL Arbitration re base pricing provision of coal mining contract (Singapore) (contract pricing review) (led by A Archibald QC & D Batt QC)
• Bank of Western Australia Ltd v Abdul & Anor  VSC 222 (undue influence, unconscionable conduct)
• Georges v Seaborn International Pty Ltd (2012) 206 FCR 408 (tracing, agency, contract) (led by I Martindale QC & P Vout)
• UNCITRAL Arbitration re base pricing provision of coal mining contract (Singapore) (arbitral jurisdiction, operation of multi-tier dispute resolution provisions, contract pricing review) (led by A Archibald QC & D Batt QC)
• Georges v Seaborn Intl. (Trustee), In re Sonray Capital Markets Pty Ltd (in liq)  FCA 75 (tracing, deficient mixed trust funds, liquidators remuneration) (led by I Martindale QC & P Vout)
• Lakes Oil NL & Anor v Icon Energy Ltd  VSC (settled) (preliminary discovery) (led by D Batt QC)
• UNCITRAL Arbitration re pricing escalation provisions of coal mining contract, (Singapore) (led by M Thompson QC & D Batt QC)
• Cherry & Anor v Siger Super Services & Ors  VSC (settled) (professional negligence, authorised representatives under Corporations Act, meaning of general financial product advice) (led by O Bigos)
"A Choice of Public Law? Resolving the International Arbitrator's Dilemma" (2009) 20 American Review of International Arbitration 97;
"Talking About Social Responsibility: Liability for Misleading and Deceptive Statements in Corporate Codes of Conduct" (2003) Monash University Law Review 297
*liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation