AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Commercial Law
- Conflict of Laws (Private International Law)
- Contract Disputes
- Constitutional Law
Eloise practises in commercial law across a range of areas. Her recent matters include:
- Westgem Investments Pty Ltd (receivers and managers appointed) (in liq) v Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd (Supreme Court of Western Australia) (ongoing litigation acting for receivers, led by P Collinson QC)
- Thompson v Geminder Holdings Pty Ltd  VSC 495 (Supreme Court of Victoria) (acting for second and third defendants in relation to contractual dispute, led by D Batt QC with D Bennett)
- Yara Pilbera Fertilisers Pty Ltd v Apache Energy Limited (Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2014-2015) (acting for plaintiffs in negligence action arising from the explosion at the Varanus Island gas facilities in Western Australia in 2008, led by D Collins QC and K Lyons QC)
- Business Health Pty Ltd v DKN Financial Group Limited (County Court of Victoria, 2014) (acting for plaintiff in relation to breach of a licence agreement, led by J Gleeson QC)
- Oswal v Burrup Fertilisers Pty Ltd (Receivers and Managers Appointed) (2013) 295 ALR 708 and related proceedings (acting for plaintiff in relation to various receivership matters, led by P Collinson QC)
- HA v Patient Review Panel  VCAT 1628 (acting for plaintiff in relation to assisted reproductive treatment matter, pro bono)
- Haile-Michael v Konstantinidis (Federal Court of Australia, 2013) (acting for Victoria Police, the Chief Commissioner and various members of Victoria Police in relation to racial discrimination claims, led by P Hanks QC, with R Orr (now QC))
- Saraceni v Mentha (No 2) (2012) 269 FLR 12 (acting for receivers and mortgagee in relation to construction of charge and related matters, led by P Collinson QC)
- Factory 5 Pty Ltd (In Liq) v State of Victoria (No 2)  FCAFC 150 (acting for the State of Victoria in relation to a contract and trade practices dispute, led by T Woodward SC)
- Auswest Timbers Pty Ltd v Secretary, Department of Sustainability and Environment (2010) 241 FLR 360 (acting for the Department in relation to a trade practices dispute, led by P Collinson QC)
- Advice and appearances for insurers and reinsurers including RGA Reinsurance Company Australia Limited, National Mutual Life Association of Australia and ING Limited in relation to insurance policy claims, remedies and disputes (both unled and led)
Before coming to the Bar, Eloise practised as a Senior Associate in the commercial litigation group at Allens (then Allens Arthur Robinson) and was Associate to Justice Finkelstein of the Federal Court of Australia.
In 2007, Eloise completed the BCL with Distinction at the University of Oxford, undertaking studies in evidence, conflict of laws and restitution. She obtained her undergraduate law degree from the University of Melbourne, receiving first class honours.
Eloise is a former editor of the Melbourne University Law Review.
*liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation